Patriotic Pretzel Flowers are the perfect treat for the upcoming 4th of July celebrations. They use three simple ingredients and are super easy to make. What’s even better is that their crunchy, salty, sweet taste is amazing. When stored in an airtight container these adorable Patriotic Pretzel Flowers stay fresh for a week, if they last that long!
Ingredients for Patriotic Pretzel Flowers:
I used three simple ingredients for these adorable morsels: Square pretzels, white candy melts, and colored M&M’s. For the patriotic theme, I used red, white, and blue M&M’s.
These pretzel flowers would be equally perfect for Valentine’s Day using pink, red, and white M&M’s; Easter or springtime using pastel M&M’s; Halloween using autumn colored M&M’s, and Christmas using red, green, and white M&M’s!
Making the Patriotic Pretzel Flowers:
Remember that I said that these Patriotic Pretzel Flowers were super simple to make? Well, they are. In fact, if you have little ones, they could be your helper – handing you the M&M’s!
Anyway, I first put 9 pretzel squares on a plate, and placed a candy melt on top of each one. Then, I microwaved pretzel squares and candy melts on high for 45 seconds until they were soft, but not totally liquid. You might need to experiment with your microwave to find the perfect time.
Once the candy melts were softened, I placed one M&M in the center, and six M&M’s in a circle around it. I experimented with different color combinations of M&M’s, and think using just two colors works better than using all three colors. I also experimented with using red candy melts and blue candy melts, but didn’t think that they looked as good as the white candy melts.
I made 36 Patriotic Pretzel Flowers – six each with the following M&M color combinations:
- Red center, white around the center;
- Red center, blue around the center;
- White center, red around the center;
- White center, blue around the center;
- Blue center, white about the center; and
- Blue center, red around the center.
I thought that all of them were beyond cute, had the perfect taste combination of crunchy, salty, and sweet. Yum!
Have a fun and safe 4th of July!
Patriotic Pretzel Flowers are the perfect treat for the upcoming 4th of July celebrations. They use three simple ingredients, are super easy to make, and have the perfect combination of crunchy, salty, and sweet.
- 36 square pretzels (See Note 1)
- 36 white candy melts (See Note 2)
- 84 red M&M's
- 84 white M&M's
- 84 blue M&M's
Place 9 square pretzels on a plate. Top each pretzel with one candy melt. Microwave on high for 45 seconds, or until the candy melt is softened, but not liquid. (See Note 3)
Lightly push 1 M&M into the center of the softened candy melt. Lightly push six M&M's of a different color around the center M&M. (See Notes 4 and 5)
Allow candy melt to harden. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Yield: 36 Patriotic Pretzel Flowers.
- For the pretzels, I used Snyder's Snaps.
- I tried using red candy melts and blue candy melts, but thought that the white candy melts produced the most attractive Patriotic Pretzel Flowers.
- You may need to experiment with your microwave to find the perfect amount of time to soften the candy melt but not totally melt it.
- I used the following color combinations: red center with white; red center with blue; white center with red; white center with blue; blue center with white; and blue center with red. However, you can use whatever color combinations suit you!
- You could make these adorable pretzel flowers for other holidays using different color combinations. For example, you could use red, white, and pink M&M's for Valentine's Day, pastel M&M's for Easter, autumn colored M&M's for Halloween, and red, white, and green M&M's for Christmas.