Slow Cooker Chicken with Mushrooms combines succulent chicken breasts and mushrooms in a creamy dreamy sauce. Because the slow cooker does most of the work, it’s a perfect dinner for a busy week night.
For the initial slow cooking, I added cubed chicken breasts, minced garlic, and a packet of Italian Dressing mix that had been combined with some white wine to the slow cooker.
I set the slow cooker to low, and walked away. After about 2 1/2 hours, the chicken was pretty much done. At that point, I added a mixture of cream of mushroom soup, cream cheese and sautÃ©ed mushrooms to the chicken. I covered the slow cooker, and cooked the mixture on low for another hour.
I served the Slow Cooker Chicken with Mushrooms on a bed of spaghetti with crusty french bread, a green salad and a glass of red wine. Yum!
Slow Cooker Chicken and Mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts,cut into one-inch cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine or Vermouth
- 0.6 ounce package dry Italian dressing mix
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms sliced
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 8 ounce package reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 10.75 ounce can of fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounce package spaghetti, cooked according to package instructions
- 1 Tablespoon chopped green onions or parsley for garnish
- Lightly oil the bottom of the slow cooker with the olive oil. Add the chicken.
- Combine garlic, white wine and Italian dressing mix in a small bowl. Pour over the chicken. Cover and cook on low for 2 1/2 hours.
- Sauté mushrooms in butter on high for five minutes or until lightly browned. Set aside.
- Combine cream cheese and cream of mushroom soup in a microwave safe bowl. Heat on high for one to two minutes, or until the cream cheese is easily incorporated into the soup. Add the mushrooms; stir to combine. Pour the soup mixture over the chicken; cover and cook on low for one additional hour.
- Serve over spaghetti with a garnish if desired.
- Yield: 6 servings.