Frozen Nutella Yogurt
Frozen Nutella Yogurt is a delicious and refreshing summer treat on these hot summer days. This easy-to-make delicacy is made with just a few simple ingredients. It's sure to please everyone in your family.
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 cups (16 ounces, 454 grams) whole milk Greek yogurt (See Tips 1 and 2)
- 1 cup (8 ounces, 227 grams) whole milk (See Tip 2)
- ⅔ cup (7 ounces, 199 grams) Nutella
- ¼ cup (0.75 ounces, 21 grams) unsweetened cocoa (See Tip 3)
- 2 Tablespoons Godiva Chocolate Liqueur (See Tip 4)
- 1 or more packages Stevia if needed for sweetness (optional)
Add all ingredients except for the Stevia to a blender. Blend for 30 seconds or until all ingredients are well incorporated. Taste to determine whether or not to add any Stevia.
Transfer the mixture to a 4-cup measuring cup or other container. Cover and refrigerate until the mixture reaches a temperature of at least 40°F (See Tip 5).
With the ice cream machine running, add the mixture to the bowl of the ice cream maker. Process according to manufacturer's directions.
Transfer the frozen yogurt to a freezer-safe container and cover. Freeze until firm, about 4 hours.
Yield: 1 quart.
- May substitute plain yogurt for Greek yogurt. If plain yogurt is used, strain the excess whey for about an hour by placing it in a cheesecloth-lined wire strainer. This will reduce the amount of yogurt by about ¼ cup.
- For creamy frozen yogurt, use whole milk yogurt and whole milk. The reason is that the fat content contributes to the creaminess of the frozen yogurt.
- You can use regular unsweetened cocoa, Dutch processed unsweetened cocoa, and Hershey's special dark unsweetened cocoa in this recipe.
- You can substitute one tablespoon of vanilla extract for the Godivia Chocolate Liqueur in this recipe.
- It's important that the yogurt mixture be cold before adding it to the ice cream maker. Otherwise, the frozen yogurt may not properly set.
Calories: 202kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 52mg | Potassium: 277mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 110IU | Vitamin C: 0.3mg | Calcium: 139mg | Iron: 1.5mg