Pecan Pie Mini-Muffins
Pecan Pie Mini-Muffins are crispy and crunchy on the outside and rich, gooey, and moist on the inside. They feature the South’s favorite nut in a totally irresistible and addictive treat. Pecan Pie Mini-Muffins take minutes to put together and are even better the next day if they last that long. In addition, they can be made ahead of time and frozen for later use.
Prep Time5 minutes mins
Cook Time15 minutes mins
Total Time20 minutes mins
Course: Bread, Brunch, Dessert
Servings: 24 Mini-Muffins
- 1 cup (7.5 ounces) light brown sugar, firmly packed
- ½ cup (2.5 ounces) all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups (6 ounces) chopped pecans, toasted (See Tip 1)
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup (4 ounces) unsalted butter melted and cooled (See Tip 2)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray the mini-muffin pan with Baker's Joy or vegetable spray and flour. Set aside. (See Tip 3)
Combine brown sugar, flour, and salt in a medium-sized bowl. Add pecans; stir well to combine. Make a well in the center of the mixture.
Whisk eggs until frothy. Add melted butter and vanilla extract; add dry ingredients, stirring just until combined.
Using a tablespoon cookie scoop (#40), add batter to the mini-muffin cups.
Bake at 350°F for 12 to 15 minutes or until done. Remove from pan immediately, and cool on wire racks. (See Tip 4)
Yield: 24 Pecan Pie Mini-Muffins.
- To toast pecans, spread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated 350° F oven for 8 or 9 minutes until lightly toasted. Watch carefully.
- If you use salted butter, omit adding the salt.
- Because of the amount of sugar in these Pecan Pie Mini-Muffins, you should avoid using cupcake papers. The mini-muffins will stick horribly to the paper. If you don't have Baker's Joy or a similar product, liberally grease the wells of the mini-muffin pan or spray with vegetable spray. Then, dust with flour.
- As soon as the mini-muffins come out of the oven, place a wire rack over the mini-muffin pan, and flip to release the mini-muffins. If you leave the mini-muffins in the pan, they will stick regardless of how well you prepared the pan. If you find that you can't release the mini-muffins, however, return the pan to the oven for several minutes to reheat the mini-muffins.
- For a perfect back-to-school gift, combine dry ingredients, and transfer to a 2-cup mason jar. Screw on top, and secure a decorative piece of material on the top with a ribbon. Attach a label with directions on both finishing the batter, i.e., add the egg, melted butter, and vanilla extract, and baking the mini-muffins.
Calories: 126kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 32mg | Potassium: 45mg | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 140IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 0.4mg