Irish Apple Cake
Irish Apple Cake also known as Kerry Apple Cake is super moist and flavorful. It's brimming with tart, crisp apples and toasted nuts.
Servings: 8 servings
- 4 tablespoons butter softened (room temperature)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg beaten (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 to 4 granny smith apples, peeled, cored, and diced (2 cups) (See Note 1)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted (See Note 2)
- 1 Tablespoon Turbanido sugar optional (See Note 3)
Preheat oven to 350°F
Generously grease an 8-inch springform pan.
In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
Add the egg and vanilla; beat on high until creamy.
Add the salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon; beat until fully incorporated
Add the flour; beat on low just until combined. Fold in the apples and pecans.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan. If desired, sprinkle with Turbanido sugar.
Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until the cake is lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Remove from oven; let the cake set in the pan for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, remove from pan.
Serve warm or at room temperature with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. Yield: 8 servings.
- The number of apples depends on their size. Cut apples into 1/4 to 1/2 inch pieces.
- To toast pecans, place in preheated 350° F oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Watch carefully.
- Turbanido sugar is available under the name Sugar in the Raw.
Calories: 214kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 35mg | Sodium: 127mg | Potassium: 49mg | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 205IU | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 0.8mg