Tate’s Bake Shop Chocolate Chip Cookies
Tate's Bake Shop Chocolate Chip Cookies are thin and crispy, and absolutely delicious. Even if you prefer soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies, you'll find it hard to resist these buttery cookies filled with yummy chocolate chips and toasted pecans.
Servings: 6 dozen cookies
- 1 cup salted butter, softened (See Tip 1)
- ¾ cup (5.25 ounces) granulated sugar
- ¾ cup (5.63 ounces) firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon table salt (See Tip 2)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups (10 ounces) all-purpose flour (See Tip 3)
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup toasted pecan pieces (See Tip 4)
Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line cookie sheets with silicone or parchment paper; set aside.
In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars on medium speed until they come together, about 1 minute. Add the egg and vanilla. Beat on medium speed just until the mixture is combined, about 30 seconds. Add the salt and baking soda; beat on medium just until combined, about 30 seconds.
Add the flour; beat on low just until combined, about 30 seconds. Fold in the chocolate chips and toasted pecans. Do not over mix the dough.
Drop the cookies 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets using a small ice cream scoop. Flatten cookie dough to about ⅜-inch thick with a wet hand. (See Tip 5)
Bake in preheated 350° F oven for 12 minutes or until the edges and centers are brown. Allow to cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheet. Remove the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store in an air-tight container.
Yield: 6 dozen cookies. (See Tip 6)
½ cup salted butter (1 stick)
- You can also use unsalted butter in this recipe.
- If using unsalted butter, increase the amount of salt by ¼ teaspoon to a total of 1 ¼ teaspoons.
- I used Gold Medal bleached all-purpose flour because of its low protein content. The low protein content minimizes the gluten formation and results in a lighter and crispier cookie. I've also used White Lily bleached flour
- To toast the pecans, spread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 350° F oven for 8 or 9 minutes until lightly toasted. Watch carefully.
- My smallest ice cream scoop is about 1 ¼-inch in diameter. If you don't have an ice cream scoop, then you can use a tablespoon to drop the cookies. To ensure round cookies, wet your hands and roll the dropped dough into a ball. Then, flatten the dough with a wet hand to about ⅜ of an inch.
- To make half a recipe, use the following:
⅜ cup (2.63 ounces) granulated sugar
⅜ cup (2.82 ounces) dark brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 cup (5 ounces) all-purpose flour
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
½ cup toasted pecans
Calories: 93kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 72mg | Potassium: 43mg | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 90IU | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 0.6mg