Double Chocolate Energy Bites
Double chocolate energy bites are perfect for anytime that your sweet tooth or hunger craving needs a fix from something that is actually good for you. These tasty energy bites are made with fiber rich oats and ground flax seeds and are held together with chocolate peanut butter and honey. Mini chocolate chips are added to boost the chocolate indulgence!
Prep Time10 mins
Refrigerator Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 20 Energy Bites
- 1/2 cup chocolate peanut butter (See Tip 1)
- 1/3 cup honey (See Tip 2)
- 1 1/4 cups old-fashioned oats (See Tip 3)
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (See Tip 4)
- 3 Tablespoons ground flax seeds (See Tip 5)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl until well mixed. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Form mixture into 1-inch balls. Store in air-tight container in refrigerator. (See Tip 6)
Yield: 20 Double Chocolate Energy Bites. (See Tip 7)
- May use regular or chunky peanut butter plus 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa in place of the chocolate peanut butter.
- May use maple syrup in place of the honey.
- May use regular oats instead of the old-fashioned variety.
- May use regular chocolate chips or M&M’s in place of the mini chocolate chips. Alternative, you can replace the chocolate chips with toasted pecans, toasted almond pieces or peanuts.
- May use chia seeds or sunflower seeds in place of the flax seeds.
- I used a tablespoon ice cream scoop to help form the energy bites, but you could use a spoon to partition out about 1 tablespoon of the mixture per ball.
- The energy bites should be refrigerated in an air-tight container. They will keep for two weeks.
Calories: 103kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 63mg | Potassium: 72mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 10IU | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 0.5mg