Easy Holiday Queso Blanco
Easy Holiday Queso Blanco is an amazing dip that takes minutes to make and only uses a handful of ingredients. With the busy holiday season, it’s a perfect appetizer to put together and serve for those impromptu visits from family and friends.
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 pound (16-ounces) Velveeta Queso Blanco, cut into ½ to 1-inch cubes
- 10 ounce can Rotel Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies, drained (See Tip 1)
- 1 ½ Tablespoons finely diced red bell pepper, membrane and seeds removed, divided (See Tip 2)
- 1 ½ Tablespoons finely diced jalapeño pepper, membrane and seeds removed, divided
- 2 Tablespoons milk if needed to thin the dip
- Red and Green Tortilla Chips (See Tip 3)
Heat Queso Blanco and Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies in the microwave on high power for 1 ½ minutes. Remove from microwave and stir ingredients.
Microwave on high power for 1 minute. Remove from microwave and stir ingredients. If mixture seems too thick add milk. Add 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon of both red bell peppers and jalapeño peppers. Stir mixture.
Microwave for 30 additional seconds.
Transfer to serving dish. Sprinkle with reserved ½ teaspoon of red bell pepper and ½ teaspoon of jalapeño pepper. Serve with red and green tortilla chips.
Yield: 8 servings. (See Tip 4)
- May use the Rotel Tomatoes and Green Chilies undrained for a thinner dip.
- May substitute red chili pepper for added heat or pimentos for the red bell pepper.
- May substitute regular tortilla chips for the holiday-colored tortilla chips.
- This dip may be prepared in advance, covered and refrigerated for several days. Reheat in the microwave.
Calories: 136kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 905mg | Potassium: 278mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 689IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 341mg | Iron: 1mg