Crispy Parmesan Roasted Potatoes - Quick and Easy
Crispy Parmesan Roasted Potatoes are quick and easy to make and are the perfect side dish or appetizer for your holiday feast. Baby gold potatoes are roasted to perfection in a mixture of Parmesan cheese flavored with garlic. When done, the potatoes have a soft and creamy interior with a crispy crunchy coating of Parmesan cheese that's out of this world amazing.
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 ½ pounds baby gold or baby red potatoes, cleaned and unpeeled (See Tip 1)
- ½ cup (2 ounces) finely grated Parmesan cheese (See Tip 2), divided
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅓ cup melted unsalted butter, divided (See Tip 3)
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Cut potatoes in half, lengthwise.
Reserve 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese. Add the remaining Parmesan cheese to a small bowl. Stir in the salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
Reserve 1 teaspoon of the melted butter. Add the remaining melted butter to a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Tilt the dish to evenly distribute the butter. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese mixture on top of the butter.
Place the potatoes cut side down onto the Parmesan cheese mixture, pressing to ensure that the Parmesan cheese mixture adheres to the cut side of the potato. Brush the potatoes with the reserved teaspoon of melted butter and sprinkle with the reserved tablespoon of Parmesan cheese.
Bake uncovered in preheated 425°F oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until the bottom of the potatoes are crispy and golden brown. Remove from oven; allow to sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Serve as an appetizer with sour cream or as a side dish.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings.
- Sometimes these potatoes are called creamer potatoes. The baby yellow potatoes may be called Yukon gold potatoes.
- This works best with store-bought pre-grated Parmesan cheese found in the refrigerated section of the grocery store. You can, however, grate your own Parmesan cheese. Just make sure that it is finely grated, preferably using a Microplane grater.
- May substitute olive oil for the butter.
Calories: 206kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0.4g | Cholesterol: 34mg | Sodium: 265mg | Potassium: 538mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 396IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 89mg | Iron: 1mg