Crispy Stuffed Sausage Cheese Toast
Crispy Stuffed Sausage Cheese Toast is a mouthwatering combination of savory sausage and gooey melted cheese surrounded by a crispy, crunchy golden bread exterior. This delicious recipe is quick and easy to prepare and is perfect for breakfast, brunch, or a snack.
Servings: 6 Stuffed Toasts
- ½ loaf French bread (See Tip 1)
- 8 ounces breakfast sausage (See Tip 2)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (4-ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
Cut six 1 ¼ inch slices of French bread. With a paring knife remove the interior of the slices, leaving about ¼ inch. Discard the interior or use for another purpose. Set aside.
Cook and crumble sausage over medium heat until done. Drain well on paper towels. Allow to cool.
Whisk together the two eggs, salt, and pepper. Add the mozzarella cheese and cooled sausage; stir to combine
Melt one tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the scooped out French bread rounds. Stuff the French bread rounds with the cheese/sausage stuffing. Cover the skillet; cook for four to five minutes.
Remove the cover. Turn the stuffed French bread rounds over. Add the remaining tablespoon of butter. Cover and cook for four to five additional minutes. Remove from the skillet and serve.
Yield: 6 Crispy Stuffed Sausage Cheese Toasts.
- You will need six slices of French bread for this recipe. Use the remaining French bread for another purpose.
- I used Jimmy Dean Hot breakfast sausage. However, feel free to use your favorite breakfast sausage.
Calories: 310kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 0.2g | Cholesterol: 111mg | Sodium: 678mg | Potassium: 174mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 325IU | Vitamin C: 0.3mg | Calcium: 178mg | Iron: 2mg