Chocolate Chip and Pecan Cookie Brittle
Chocolate chip and pecan cookie brittle is buttery, crisp, and packed with rich flavors; it's the perfect treat to satisfy your cravings.
Prep Time5 minutes mins
Cook Time25 minutes mins
Time for butter to cool15 minutes mins
Total Time45 minutes mins
Servings: 14 servings
- 1 cup (8 ounces, 2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup (7 ounces) granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 ¾ cups plus 2 Tablespoons (9 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (6 ounces) toasted pecan pieces (See Tip 1)
- 1 cup (6 ounces) mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350°F. Have an ungreased half-sheet pan (roughly 12 x 17 inches) ready for the cookie brittle.
Add sugar and vanilla extract to melted and cooled butter. Whisk together until the mixture thickens. Add salt and flour. Stir with a wooden spoon or spatula just until combined.
Add the mini chocolate chips and toasted pecan pieces; stir to combine. Pour onto an ungreased rimmed baking sheet. Press into a thin, even layer. (See Tip 2)
Bake in preheated 350°F oven for 24 to 25 minutes or until a light golden brown all over. Remove from oven and cool completely. Break into bite-sized pieces. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Yield: 14 servings.
- To toast the pecans, spread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Watch carefully to ensure that the pecans do not burn.
- Be sure to compact the brittle dough when pressing it into a thin layer to ensure that the cookie brittle stays together when cooked.
Calories: 381kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 170mg | Potassium: 150mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 418IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 2mg