Watergate Salad, a.k.a. Piscachio Fluff
Watergate Salad, or Pistachio Fluff, is a delicious and easy-to-make recipe that is perfect for potlucks, picnics, and other gatherings. This cool and creamy dish, with its pastel green color and refreshing taste, is ideal for the hot summer months when you want something light and refreshing to enjoy.
Servings: 8 Servings
- 8 ounce Cool Whip, thawed (See Tips 1 and 2)
- 3.4 ounce package Pistachio Instant Pudding (See Tip 3)
- 8 ounce can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup (2 ounces) mini marshmallows
- 1 cup (4 ounces) chopped pecans, toasted (See Tips 4 and 5)
- Additional Cool Whip and maraschino cherries with stems for garnish (optional)
Combine Cool Whip and Pistachio pudding mix in a medium bowl. Add crushed pineapple, mini marshmallows, and toasted pecans. Stir to combine all ingredients.
Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour, and up to 24 hours.
If desired serve in individual dishes with additional Cool Whip piped on top with a maraschino cherry.
Yield: 8 servings.
- May substitute 3 cups of whipped cream for the Cool Whip.
- For a lighter dessert, substitute lite Cool Whip.
- For a lighter dessert, substitute sugar-free Pistachio pudding mix.
- To toast pecans, spread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 350°F for 8 to 9 minutes. Watch carefully to ensure that the pecans do not burn.
- May substitute chopped pistachios, almonds, or walnuts. Alternatively, may omit the nuts and substitute mini chocolate chips.
Calories: 227kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 200mg | Potassium: 124mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 74IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 0.5mg