Chris' Bran Bread - Revisited
Chris’ Bran Bread is moist and full of goodness in every bite. It’s deliciously healthy, makes perfect toast, and is a snap to make in a bread machine.
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten, plus enough filtered water to equal 17 ounces (482 grams total) - See Notes 1 and 2
- 1 Tablespoon Kosher salt
- 2 Tablespoons (1 ounce, 28 grams) olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons (1.5 ounces, 43 grams) honey
- 1.8 ounces (51 grams) unprocessed Wheat Bran
- 24.6 ounces (697 grams) bread flour
- 1 teaspoon instant yeast
Place all ingredients into the pan of a bread machine, in the order listed. Program the machine for the regular cycle. If necessary, adjust the dough’s consistency with additional flour or water. Allow the machine to complete its cycle. Yield: One 2 ¾-pound (1 ¼ kg) loaf. See Note - 3.
- Note 1: Because eggs are of different sizes, I always use the weight of the eggs plus the water to reach the desired level of liquid.
- Note 2: Always use filtered water. Tap water contains chlorine which can kill the yeast.
- Note 3: Always weigh ingredients when making bread to ensure consistent results.
Calories: 216kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 547mg | Potassium: 118mg | Fiber: 3g | Vitamin A: 35IU | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 1mg