Classic Southern Seven-Layer Salad
Classic Southern Seven-Layer Salad is the perfect make-ahead dish for your holiday gathering. It's versatile, delicious, and always receives rave reviews!
Servings: 12 servings
- 1 cup (8 ounces) mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) light sour cream
- 1/2 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 head iceberg lettuce cut into small pieces
- 4 hard boiled eggs sliced lengthwise
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes cut in half lengthwise
- 1/2 (8 ounces) pound bacon, cooked, drained and broken into small pieces
- 6 green onions white and green parts thinly sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cup green peas thawed
Add lettuce to trifle bowl, or other clear bowl. Place a ring of sliced eggs around perimeter of bowl, nestling them in the lettuce for support. Place remaining eggs on top of lettuce. Place a ring of sliced grape tomatoes around perimeter of bowl above the eggs; place remaining tomatoes on top of egg layer. Layer the bacon, green onions, Cheddar cheese, and green peas in that order on top of tomato layer.
Spread dressing on top of salad. If desired, sprinkle a few green peas and paprika on top for a festive look.
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 8 hours, and preferably overnight.
Before serving, toss to combine all ingredients.
Yield: 10 to 12 servings.
Calories: 263kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 87mg | Sodium: 282mg | Potassium: 242mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 885IU | Vitamin C: 14.7mg | Calcium: 158mg | Iron: 1mg