Easy Stove Top Roasted Potatoes
Who doesn’t love roasted potatoes that are crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside? Well, now you can make them. They’re super easy and made on the stove-top for a winning combination!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 to 1 ½ pounds small red potatoes, scrubbed and unpeeled (See Tips 1 and 2)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ to ¾ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cut green onion tops for garnish optional
Cut each potato in half length-wise. Rinse potatoes in cold water; drain well. Spread potatoes on paper towels, and thoroughly pat dry.
Heat oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add the potatoes cut side down in a single layer. Cook, without stirring until golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes.
Turn potatoes skin side down with tongs. Cook, without stirring until skin is golden brown, 5 to 6 minutes.
Turn potatoes cut side down. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover pan with paper towels, and then the pan lid. Cook potatoes until they are tender, 7 to 8 minutes. (See Tip 3)
Turn potatoes skin side down. Sprinkle with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Toss or gently stir. If desired, garnish with cut green onion tops.
Yield: 3 to 4 servings.
- The potatoes that I used were about 2-inches in length.
- May also use small Yukon gold or creamer potatoes in place of the red new potatoes.
- During the final cooking of the roasted potatoes when the pan is covered with the lid, I like to first spread a paper towel on the pan. The reason is that a lot of condensation ends up on the lid during this stage of cooking. That condensation can fall back into the pan and inhibit the crispiness of the potatoes. The paper towel acts as a barrier between the condensation on the lid and the potatoes. As the condensation drips from the lid, it is absorbed by the paper towel!
Calories: 161kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 25mg | Potassium: 644mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 12.2mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 1mg