Mini Reuben Croustades
If you like Reuben sandwiches, you’ll love these delectable bite-sized morsels. They’re perfect for St. Patrick’s Day.
Servings: 36 mini reuben croustades
- 18 pieces Melba Thin Rye bread (See Note 1)
- 2-½ Tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1-½ cups 6-ounces finely chopped corned beef
- ½ cup sauerkraut drained and finely chopped
- ⅓ cup Russian Dressing (See Note 2)
- ¾ cup 3-ounces finely shredded Swiss or Gruyère cheese
- 1 Tablespoon chopped chives for garnish optional
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Croustades: Cut two 2-inch circle from each slice of bread. Press into mini muffin tins. Brush with melted butter and bake at 350° F 12 to 15 minutes or until bread is lightly toasted all over. Cool. Store in airtight container or freeze until ready to use.
Reuben Mixture: Combine corned beef, sauerkraut and Russian Dressing in a small bowl. Stir to combine.
Fill Croustades with Reuben mixture just before baking. Top with shredded Swiss cheese and bake at 350° F for 10 minutes or cheese is melted and Reuben mixture is until heated through. If desired, garnish with chopped chives. Let cool 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 36 appetizers.
- May use party rye in place of Melba Thin Rye bread. Do not attempt to press into mini muffin pan, but rather toast flat, brushed with melted butter. Top with Reuben mixture and shredded Swiss cheese, and bake at 350° F for 10 minutes or until Reuben mixture is heated through and cheese is melted.
- Try my homemade Russian Dressing. It's so much better than the store-bought.
Calories: 24kcal | Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 59mg | Potassium: 12mg | Vitamin A: 35IU | Vitamin C: 0.7mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 0.1mg