Cucumber Dill Salad (Gurkensalat)
Cucumber Dill Salad or Gurkensalat is an incredible salad that is easy to make. It’s not only tasty, but also very refreshing, making it perfect for your holiday get-together.
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 English or Hot House cucumbers peeled and thinly sliced (See Note 1)
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced and broken into pieces (See Note 2)
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Place sliced cucumbers and onion in a non-reactive bowl (plastic). Sprinkle dill on top.
Combine vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper in a small bowl; whisk until sugar dissolves thoroughly. Pour over vegetables. Toss well to combine. Cover and refrigerate at least one hour. Yield: 4 to 6 servings.
- I slice the cucumbers and onion in a food processor with a 3 mm slicing blade.
- Sometimes when I make this salad, I use a sweet yellow onion as opposed to the red onion.
Calories: 51kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Sodium: 295mg | Potassium: 195mg | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 115IU | Vitamin C: 4.1mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 0.4mg