Mardi Gras Salad
For a quick and refreshing salad, you should try Mardi Gras Salad. It is so named because of its Mardi Gras colored ingredients - Green, Purple, and Gold!
Servings: 4 servings
- 6 ounces romaine lettuce rinsed, dried and shredded
- 6 ounces spinach leaves rinsed, dried, stems removed and shredded
- 5 slices bacon fried, drained and crumbled
- ½ purple onion thinly sliced
- ¾ cup mandarin orange sections drained
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms sliced
Mardi Gras Dressing:
- 1 teaspoon chopped onion
- ¼ cup malt vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
Place romaine lettuce and spinach in a large salad bowl. Add crumbled bacon, onion, mandarin orange sections and mushrooms. Mix and toss the ingredients. Add enough dressing to coat the leaves, tossing with the salad. Serve at once.
Yield: 4 servings.
Put onion, vinegar, sugar, mustard and salt in an electric blender. While blending on low speed, gradually add the olive oil. May be made ahead of time. Before using, blend the dressing. Yield: ½ cup.
Calories: 289kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 513mg | Potassium: 567mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 7940IU | Vitamin C: 25mg | Calcium: 73mg | Iron: 1.9mg