Sliders are all the rage these days, and for good reason. They’re a mini sandwich and perfect for a party or pot luck. Although you can buy slider buns, the homemade variety is so much better, and is super easy to make!
Servings: 24 Slider Buns
- 1 large egg plus enough water to total 9 ounces (about 7 ounces)
- 2 Tablespoons (1 ounce) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 1/2 cups (14.75 ounces) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (1.75 ounces) granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon instant yeast
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter melted for brushing tops of buns (optional)
Place all ingredients in pan of bread machine in order listed. Select dough cycle, and press start.
At end of dough cycle, place dough on floured surface. Pat into circle, roughly 3/8-inches thick. Cut 2-inch circles; place circles on parchment lined baking sheet. The circles should be fairly close together, but not touching.
Let rise until double in size, around 1 hour and 30 minutes. The circles should be touching each other at this point.
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Brush tops of dough with melted butter. Bake at 375° F for 10 to 11 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
Remove from oven; while still hot, brush buns with additional melted butter.
Cool completely on wire rack.
Yield: 24 slider buns.
Calories: 98kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 124mg | Potassium: 23mg | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 85IU | Calcium: 4mg | Iron: 0.9mg