Easy Lasagna Cups
Easy Lasagna Cups are a simple to make recipe that will delight young and old. These meaty, cheesy, tasty morsels are perfect for a snack, appetizer or anytime meal.
Servings: 12 Easy Lasagna Cups
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 cup ricotta cheese preferably homemade
- 2 cups meat sauce, preferably homemade
- 1 ½ cups (6-ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese (See Tip 1)
- ¼ cup (1-ounce) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Freshly minced parsley or chives for garnish (optional)
Preheat oven to 375°F
Brush cups of a regular sized muffin pan with vegetable oil.
Layer Lasagna Cups as follows: Wonton wrapper, 2 teaspoons ricotta cheese; 1 Tablespoon meat sauce; mozzarella cheese; wonton wrapper turned 90 degrees; 2 teaspoons ricotta cheese; 1 Tablespoon meat sauce; mozzarella cheese.
Sprinkle lasagna cups with one teaspoon of freshly grated Parmesan cheese. (See Tip 2)
Bake at 375°F for 10 to 15 minutes until cheeses are melted and wonton wrappers are golden brown. (See Tip 3)
Remove from oven and cool at least 10 minutes. If desired sprinkle with freshly minced parsley or minced chives.
Remove Lasagna Cups from muffin cups and serve.
Yield: 6 servings. 12 Easy Lasagna Cups(See Tip 4)
- I always shred my own mozzarella cheese. The reason is that the pre-shredded cheese contains a coating that impacts both the flavor and the melting.
- Can be made in advance up to this point and either refrigerated or frozen.
- After about 10 minutes, watch the lasagna cups closely. If the wonton wrappers are getting too brown, cover loosely with aluminum foil.
- The Easy Lasagna Cups can be baked ahead of time and reheated at 350°F for 10 to 15 minutes. They can also be frozen and reheated at a later time.
Calories: 143kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 438mg | Potassium: 183mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 354IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 190mg | Iron: 1mg