Banana Craisin Mini Muffins
What do you do with an over-ripe banana? The best thing that I know is to use it to make Banana Craisin Mini Muffins. They're moist, easy to make, and absolutely delicious - a perfect brunch treat for Mother's Day.
Servings: 20 Banana Craisin Mini Muffins
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick, 2 ounces) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (3.5 ounces) granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 over-ripe banana, peeled and broken into several pieces (See Tip 1)
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) sour cream (See Tip 2)
- 3/4 cup (3.75 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) chopped pecans, toasted (See Tip 3)
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) Craisins (See Tip 4)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease mini muffin pan.
Cream butter, sugar, baking soda and salt. Add egg, vanilla extract, banana and sour cream; beat until smooth and creamy. Stir in flour. Add pecans and Craisins and mix well. Using a 1 1/2-inch diameter ice cream scoop, fill mini-muffin cavities 3/4 full.
Bake at 350° F for 15 to 18 minutes, or until golden brown and middle springs back when pressed. Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes. Remove from mini muffin pan. Cool completely.
Yield: 20 mini muffins. (See Tip 5)
- May use two bananas. If using two bananas, omit the sour cream.
- I used low-fat sour cream. You could also use full fat sour cream if you desired.
- I always toast pecans before using them in a recipe. To toast, place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated 350°F oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Watch carefully to ensure that you don't over toast the pecans.
- If your Craisins are a bit too dried out, you can easily plump them. Cover with boiling water. Let sit for 10 to 15 minutes. Drain well.
- You can store these amazing mini muffins in an air-tight container for 2 to 3 days. If you want to keep them longer, store in the freezer.
Calories: 99kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 62mg | Potassium: 44mg | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 105IU | Vitamin C: 0.5mg | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 0.4mg