Tasty 7-Layer Quesadilla Wrap
If you like the Crunchwrap Supreme from a local fast food chain, then you'll absolutely love this Tasty 7 Layer Quesadilla Wrap. While it's somewhat of a copycat, it's so much better. Tasty 7 Layer Quesadilla Wrap is not at all doughy, and you can actually taste the yummy ingredients!
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey 93% lean
- 3 Tablespoons taco seasoning, preferably homemade (See Tip 1)
- 10 ounce can Rotel Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies
- ½ cup water
- 12 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- ¾ cup Salsa Con Queso Cheese Dip, store-bought
- 6 24 to 36 triangular tortilla chips or 6 (6-inch) Tostada Shells
- 6 Tablespoons sour cream (See Tip 2)
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese (See Tip 3)
- 6 6-inch flour tortillas (See Tip 4)
Brown ground beef in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat, breaking up into small pieces. Transfer to colander; run under hot water to remove as much fat as possible. Drain completely. (See Tip 5)
Wipe skillet with paper towel. Return browned ground beef to skillet by rubbing between hands to break up into small pieces. Add taco seasoning, Rotel tomatoes and water. Stir to combine. Cook uncovered over medium heat for 20 minutes, or until most of the liquid has evaporated. Allow to cool.
Place flour tortilla on work surface. Spread 2 tablespoons cheese dip in 6-inch circle in middle. Add ½ cup of meat filling and spread over cheese dip. Place 4 to 6 triangular tortilla chips or one tostado shell on top of meat filling. Spread 1 tablespoon sour cream on tortilla chips or tostado shell. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons shredded lettuce, 1-½ teaspoons diced tomatoes, and 2 to 3 tablespoons shredded cheese. Top with 6-inch tortilla.
Fold large tortilla around filling in hexagon shape.
Heat 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add quesadilla wrap, seam side down. Cook for 3 minutes, or until lightly browned. Turn and cook 3 more minutes or until other side is lightly browned.
Repeat with remaining flour tortillas and filling.
Yield: 6 Tasty 7-Layer Quesadilla Wraps.
- I prefer making my own taco seasoning because that way I can control the ingredients, especially the salt.
- I used low-fat sour cream.
- You can also use Mexican blend cheese, cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, Pepper Jack cheese or whatever cheese you have on hand and/or prefer.
- Rather than purchasing separate 6-inch flour tortillas, you can cut down larger tortillas to fit.
- Some would argue that by rinsing the cooked ground beef, you are also rinsing away flavor. I've found, however, that the real flavor comes from what is added to the cooked ground beef. If you'd prefer to skip this step, however, your taco meat will still be good.
Calories: 522kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 85mg | Sodium: 1351mg | Potassium: 603mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 715IU | Vitamin C: 7.8mg | Calcium: 341mg | Iron: 3.6mg