Tequila Lime Grilled Chicken and Shrimp
Who doesn’t love tender juicy chicken and succulent shrimp? Add a delicious tequila lime marinade and the flavor of grilling, and you have a perfect meal for Cinco de Mayo!
Servings: 6 servings
Tequila Lime Chicken
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts and/or thighs
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) Tequila
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) freshly squeezed lime juice (3 or 4 limes)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons (1.5 ounces) honey
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Tequila Lime Shrimp
- 2 pounds head-on shrimp de-headed, peeled, and deveined
- 2 Tablespoons (1 ounce) Tequila
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) freshly squeezed lime juice (1 or 2 limes)
- 1 Tablespoon (0.5 ounces) olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon (0.75 ounces) honey
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Tequila Lime Chicken: Trim chicken of fat; place in gallon ziploc bag. Combine all chicken marinade ingredients. Reserve 1/4 cup of marinade. Pour remaining marinade onto chicken. Press as much air as possible from ziploc bag; seal. Refrigerate for 6 hours or up to overnight, turning bag several times.
Tequila Lime Shrimp: De-head, peel, and devein shrimp, leaving tails on shrimp; pat dry with paper towels. Place in non-reactive bowl. Combine all shrimp marinade ingredients. Pour over shrimp; stir to evenly coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for one hour. Do not marinate for longer than an hour because the lime juice will begin to "cook" the shrimp. While shrimp is marinating, soak 10 to 12 wooden skewers in water.
Remove shrimp from marinade and place 5 to 6 on double skewers.
Grill chicken over hot fire, turning often and basting with reserved marinade, until done; about 20 minutes.
Grill shrimp over hot fire, turning often until done, about 5 minutes.
Yield: 6 servings.
Calories: 349kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 214mg | Sodium: 998mg | Potassium: 530mg | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 305IU | Vitamin C: 12.2mg | Calcium: 97mg | Iron: 2mg