Loaded with apples, toasted pecans, pineapple, and coconut, these moist Apple Mini-Muffins are delicious for breakfast or an anytime snack! As an added bonus, they’re easy to make and freeze beautifully.
Servings: 36 mini muffins
- 1 (8-ounce) Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and shredded (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick, 2 ounces, 56 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (3.5 ounces, 99 grams) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (1.85 ounces, 52 grams) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces, 56 grams) chopped pecans, toasted
- 4 ounces 1/2 of an 8-ounce can) crushed pineapple drained with excess juice squeezed out (1/4 cup, 2 ounces, 56 grams)
- 1/2 cup (1.5 ounces, 43 grams) shredded sweetened coconut
Preheat oven to 375º F.
Grease wells of mini-muffin pan or line with mini cupcake papers; set aside.
Combine shredded apples and lemon juice in small bowl; set aside.
In a large bowl, beat together butter, egg, oil, granulated sugar, brown sugar, milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg until all ingredients are incorporated.
Sift in baking soda and salt; beat for several seconds until incorporated.
Add flour; stir just until combined.
Add shredded apples, toasted pecans, pineapple, and coconut; stir just until combined.
Fill mini-muffin wells 3/4-full. Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the mini-muffins comes out clean.
Cool completely on wire rack.
Yield: 3 dozen.
Calories: 69kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 69mg | Potassium: 26mg | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 55IU | Vitamin C: 0.4mg | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 0.3mg