Ham and Gruyère Quiche
Ham and Cheese quiche is simple to make and delicious to serve. It only has a few ingredients, and is perfect for a light brunch or light dinner.
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 (9-inch) refrigerated pie crust
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup half & half
- 1 cup ham cut into small pieces
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Gruyère cheese (See Tip 1)
Preheat oven to 450°F
Press pie crust into 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom, tucking excess pie crust down the sides. Pierce well with a fork. Freeze for at least 15 minutes.
While pie crust is in the freezer, whisk together the eggs, half & half, ham and cheese. Set aside.
Remove pie crust freezer. Line pie crust with crumpled parchment paper and fill with dried beans or another type of pie weight. Bake at 450°F for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes.
Remove parchment paper and dried beans. If any cracks have formed, brush with some of the egg/half & half. Return crust to the 450°F oven for another 5 minutes. (See Tip 2)
Reduce oven heat to 375° F. Pour ham and cheese filling into prepared pie crust. Bake at 375°F for 25 minutes, or until nice and puffy.
Allow to cool 10 minutes before serving.
Yield: 6 servings. (See Tip 3)
- May substitute Swiss cheese, Cheddar cheese, pepper jack cheese, Colby jack cheese or other cheeses of your choice for the Gruyère cheese.
- While the crust is still hot, brush any cracks that have developed with the egg/half & half mixture. This will seal the cracks.
- Leftovers if any can be reheated in a 350°F oven for 15 minutes or until hot.
Calories: 249kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 108mg | Sodium: 429mg | Potassium: 71mg | Vitamin A: 270IU | Calcium: 160mg | Iron: 1.3mg