Ultimate Frozen Margarita
No Cinco de Mayo celebration would be complete without a Margarita. Take your festivities to the next level with this Ultimate Frozen Margarita. It's made with fresh lime juice, and Grand Marnier rather than the standard Triple Sec. One sip and you'll be hooked!
Servings: 3 8-ounce drinks
- ½ cup (4 ounces) Tequila
- ¼ cup (2 ounces) Grand Marnier (See Note 1)
- 5 Tablespoons (2 ½ ounces) fresh lime juice (3 or 4 limes)
- ½ cup (4 ounces) simple syrup (See Note 2)
- 3 cups (12 ounces) crushed ice
- Kosher salt for rim of glass
At least 8 hours before serving, combine Tequila, Grand Marnier, lime juice, and simple syrup a container with a top. Seal container and place in freezer for at least 8 hours and up to one week. (See Note 3)
Rub lime on rim of glasses; coat rim with Kosher salt.
When ready to serve, add ice and Tequila mixture to blender. Blend on highest setting, until completely smooth. Pour into prepared glasses. Serve immediately. (See Note 4)
Yield: 3 8-ounce servings.
- May use Cointreau or Triple Sec in place of the Grand Marnier.
- To make simple syrup, combine equal parts of granulated sugar and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; heat until sugar is dissolved. Allow to cool.
- Because of the alcohol content, the Tequila mixture will not freeze.
- Place glasses in freezer before serving so that they will be frosty.
Calories: 310kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Sodium: 35mg | Potassium: 64mg | Sugar: 47g | Vitamin C: 7.5mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 2mg