Intensely Chocolate Grown-up Fudgesicles
Intensely Chocolate Grown-up Fudgesicles are an extra special boozy treat on these hot summer days. While fudgesicles without booze may be reminiscent of your childhood, the addition of alcohol takes them over the top for a refreshing grown-up delicacy. In addition, the alcohol keeps the fudgesicles from becoming too hard when frozen.
Servings: 6 servings
- ½ cup (3.5 ounces, 99 grams) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (1.5 ounces, 43 grams) unsweetened cocoa (See Note 1)
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch (See Note 2)
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ cups (20 ounces, 567 grams) milk (See Note 3)
- 2 Tablespoons Godiva Liqueur (See Note 4)
Combine sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, and salt in a medium saucepan. Add about ½ cup of milk; whisk until all ingredients are well combined, about 1 minute. Whisk in remaining milk.
Heat mixture over medium heat, whisking constantly, until bubbly and thickened, 12 to 15 minutes. Continue cooking and whisking for 2 additional minutes.
Remove from heat. Add liqueur; whisk until well combined.
Pour through wire mesh strainer into a 4-cup mixing bowl, or other bowl with a spout.
Carefully pour mixture into popsicle molds, leaving about ¼-inch at the top to allow for expansion. Cover and insert sticks. (See Note 5)
Freeze until hard, or about 6 hours.
To unfreeze, dip mold in warm water long enough to release a fudgesicle when you pull on the stick, 10 to 15 seconds.
Yield: 6 (3-ounce) Intensely Chocolate Grown-up Fudgesicles
- Note 1: May use natural or Dutch process cocoa. I used natural unsweetened cocoa.
- Note 2: May use tapioca flour in place of the cornstarch.
- Note 3: I used whole milk. However, you could also use low-fat milk for a slightly less rich fudgesicle.
- Note 4: You can use Kahula, Cointreau, Chambord, Frangelico, Cognac, Bourbon, or Rum in place of the Godiva Liqueur. In addition, you can omit the alcohol all together, and add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract in its place.
- Note 5: My popsicle molds hold 3-ounces each of mixture. You can alter the quantities depending on the size of your molds.
Calories: 163kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 94mg | Potassium: 243mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 165IU | Calcium: 124mg | Iron: 1mg