Easy Cheesy Sausage Bread
Easy Cheesy Sausage Bread is not only absolutely delicious, but also insanely easy to make. It uses three ingredients that are readily available in the grocery store, and makes incredible leftovers.
Servings: 6 servings
- 16 ounce package sausage meat (See Tip 1)
- 13.8 ounce roll refrigerated Pizza Crust
- 2 cups (8-ounces) shredded Mozzarella Cheese (See Tip 2)
- Egg Wash, optional (See Tip 3)
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently and breaking the sausage up into small pieces, until the sausage is no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Drain well on paper towels.
Unroll pizza crust into a rectangular shape on a parchment lined baking sheet. (See Tip 4).
Sprinkle on cooked sausage and cheese to within 1-inch of all edges.
Starting with one long end, roll-up jelly roll style as tightly as possible, pinching other long end to seal; pinch ends and tuck under to seal.
Turn seam side down; cut a few shallow slits in the top. If desired, brush with egg wash.
Bake at 350° F for 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven; cool 5 to 10 minutes. Slice into 1 to 1½-inch pieces. Yield: 6 servings. (See Tip 5)
- I used Jimmy Dean hot sausage. However, any good quality sausage will work in this recipe.
- I like to shred my cheese. However, pre-shredded cheese will work fine in this recipe.
- The egg wash is optional. However, it will produce a nice shiny crust on the sausage bread. To make an egg wash, whisk together one egg and one tablespoon of water.
- One time when I made the Sausage Bread, I started by using a silicone mat instead of parchment paper. I quickly learned that this wouldn't work because the dough was so sticky. It stuck horribly to the silicone mat. Therefore, I highly recommend always using parchment paper.
- The leftovers can be refrigerated and reheated in the oven at 350° F for about 5 minutes, or in the microwave for about 15 seconds on high.
Calories: 380kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 747mg | Potassium: 254mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 55IU | Vitamin C: 0.5mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 2.7mg