Tasty Southern Pimento Cheese
Tasty Southern Pimento Cheese will take you back to your childhood days in the South. It's about as Southern as things come, and uses only 5 ingredients. Tasty Southern Pimento Cheese takes minutes to make, and is amazingly versatile. Spread it on crackers, serve it as a dip with corn chips, toast it on bread, make incredible grilled cheese sandwiches, use it to top your favorite burger, or use it as a base for Wonton Jalapeño Popper Bites. However served, Tasty Southern Pimento Cheese is always a crowd pleaser.
Servings: 12 servings
- 8 ounces (227 grams) cream cheese, room temperature (See Tip 1)
- ½ cup (4-ounces, 113 grams) mayonnaise
- 2 cups (8-ounces, 227 grams) shredded extra sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeds and membrane removed, finely diced
- 4 ounce (113 grams) jar diced pimentos (a.k.a. pimientos), well drained
- Several grinds of black pepper
Beat together cream cheese and mayonnaise with electric mixer on high until smooth, about 1 minute.
Add remaining ingredients. Stir with wooden spoon until well combined.
Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. (See Tips 2 and 3)
Yield: About 2 ½ cups.
- I used Neufchâtal Cheese because of the reduced fat. However, you could also use regular or low-fat cream cheese.
- Tasty Southern Pimento Cheese can be stored, covered in the refrigerator for 1 week.
- Tasty Southern Pimento Cheese is delicious on its own or with crackers, corn chips, tortilla chips, celery, or carrots. It's also an amazing topping for a burger, and delicious filing for finger sandwiches. Use it in place of regular cheese for an out-of-this-world grilled cheese sandwich, or toasted on bread. The list of variations goes on and on!
Calories: 179kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 266mg | Potassium: 80mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 565IU | Vitamin C: 9.4mg | Calcium: 164mg | Iron: 0.3mg