Wonton Jalapeño Popper Bites
If you like jalapeño poppers, you'll absolutely love Wonton Jalapeño Popper Bites. The wonton cups are stuffed with an amazing filling and baked to crispy perfection. They're super easy to make, and can be eaten hot, warm, or cold. What's even better is that they can be made ahead of time, and reheated for 5 minutes before serving.
Servings: 24 Wonton Jalapeño Popper Bites
- 24 wonton wraps
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
Jalapeño Popper Filling
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature (See Note 1)
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) sour cream (See Note 2)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded extra sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 8 ounces bacon, cooked, drained, and crumbled
- 3 jalapeño peppers, seeds and membrane removed, finely chopped
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Brush mini-muffin pan cups with half of the vegetable oil. Press wonton wraps into mini-muffin pan cups. Brush with remaining vegetable oil. (See Note 3)
Bake in preheated oven for 6 to 8 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven to cool.
Jalapeño Popper Filling (See Note 4)
Add cream cheese and sour cream to a medium bowl. Beat on high with electric mixer until smooth, about 1 minute.
Reserve 2 tablespoons each of Cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon. Reserve 1 tablespoon of chopped jalapeño peppers.
Add remaining Cheddar cheese, bacon, and jalapeño peppers to cream cheese/sour cream mixture. Beat on low until well combined, about 1 minute.
Spoon 2 teaspoons of Jalapeño Popper Filling into each of the wonton cups. (See Note 5)
Sprinkle reserved Cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon, and chopped jalapeño peppers on top.
Bake in preheated 350° F oven for 6 to 8 minutes, or until cheese is melted and filling is hot.
Cool for 10 minutes before serving. (See Note 6)
Yield: 24 Wonton Jalapeño Popper Bites.
- I used low-fat cream cheese.
- I used low-fat sour cream.
- To easily fit the wonton wraps into the mini-muffin cups, cut 1/2-inch slits on opposite sides. This allows wonton wraps to better overlap and fit into the mini-muffin cups.
- Rather than filling the wonton cups with the Jalapeño Popper filling, you can make a dip. Place the filling in an oven-proof bowl, top with breadcrumbs, dot with butter, and bake at 350° F for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- I used a 2-teaspoon or #100 ice cream scoop to fill the wonton cups. It was the perfect size.
- The Wonton Jalapeño Popper Bites can be served hot, warm, or cold. Also, they can be made ahead of time, and reheated for 5 minutes in a 350° F oven.
Calories: 101kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 160mg | Potassium: 55mg | Vitamin A: 110IU | Vitamin C: 2.1mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 0.3mg