Easy Shrimp Scampi
Easy Shrimp Scampi is a classic but simple dish to prepare, taking only 5 minutes to cook. Its simple sauce of garlic, white wine and butter surrounds fresh succulent shrimp that is cooked just long enough that they turn pink. Serve it over pasta with a piece of crusty French bread and you have a meal fit for kings.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds in shell large shrimp, peeled and deveined (See Notes 1 and 2)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Essence or other Creole seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh parsley leaves for garnish
- 8 ounces spaghetti or Linguine prepared according to package directions
Toss the shrimp in a medium bowl with the Essence, Italian seasoning, salt and black pepper.
Place the olive oil and 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and spread them evenly in the skillet. Cook for 2 minutes, quickly turning. Add the garlic to the pan and cook for 30 seconds. Add the white wine and lemon juice to the pan and cook for 3 minutes, stirring often. Add the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter; correct the seasonings.
Serve immediately over prepared pasta; garnish with minced parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
- I typically buy 16 to 20 shrimp. This refers to the average number of shrimp per pound.
- If using head on shrimp, increase the amount to 2 pounds. If using already peeled and deveined shrimp, use 12 ounces.
Calories: 460kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 244mg | Sodium: 766mg | Potassium: 246mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 660IU | Vitamin C: 10.6mg | Calcium: 145mg | Iron: 2.7mg