Tasty Breakfast Quesadilla Wraps
Tasty Breakfast Quesadilla Wraps - Melty cheese, hash browns, scrambled eggs, crumbled bacon, and Pico de Gallo cooked to perfection in a flour tortilla.
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 large (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 3 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 hash brown patties, cooked according to package directions (See Note 1)
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded extra sharp Cheddar cheese (See Note 2)
- 4 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled (See Note 3)
- 2 Tablespoons Pico de Gallo (See Note 4)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
Whisk eggs until frothy. Heat butter in small skillet over medium heat. Add eggs. When eggs begin to set, scramble with spatula. Add pinch of salt and pinch of pepper. Transfer to a bowl. Set aside.
Place flour tortilla on a flat surface. Add 1/2 of the cheese in the center. Top with hash brown patty and 1/2 of the scrambled eggs.
Top the eggs with 1/2 of the crumbled bacon and 1 tablespoon of Pico de Gallo.
Starting with the edge facing you, fold tortilla up over the filling to the center. Fold the left side to the center at about a 45° angle. Moving clock-wise, fold the next side towards the center. Fold the fourth side towards the center, and finally fold the remaining side towards the center. Place seam-side down.
Repeat with remaining flour tortilla.
Heat 1/2 teaspoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place one of the quesadilla wraps in skillet seam-side down. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until golden brown. Turn over and cook an additional 3 to 5 minutes.
Repeat with remaining quesadilla wrap.
Serve warm. (See Note 5)
Yield: 2 to 4 servings.
- If you can't find hash brown patties, you can use 10 to 12 Ore-Ida Golden Crispy Crowns per quesadilla wrap, cooked according to package directions.
- For variety, try pepper jack or Colby jack cheese in place of the Cheddar cheese.
- Rather than bacon, you can use breakfast sausage, cooked and crumbled. Try 2 tablespoons per quesadilla.
- My favorite is homemade Pico de Gallo. However, if you don't have Pico de Gallo, you can also use salsa.
- Leftovers, if any, can be reheated for 10 minutes at 350° F.
Calories: 240kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 176mg | Sodium: 325mg | Potassium: 109mg | Vitamin A: 455IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 123mg | Iron: 0.8mg