One Pot Creamy Tuscan Chicken
One Pot Creamy Tuscan Chicken is the ultimate in simplicity and taste. Thinly sliced chicken breasts are pan-fried and finished in a creamy Italian style sauce that's bursting with goodness and flavor. Served over pasta, One Pot Creamy Tuscan Chicken is perfect for an elegant dinner party, but easy enough to serve any night of the week.
Servings: 6 servings
- 16 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup 2 ounces freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped (See Note 1)
Thinly slice chicken breasts horizontally into 3 to 4 pieces each.
Combine flour, salt, and pepper in Ziploc bag. Add chicken; shake to coat.
Heat olive oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, add chicken and brown on both sides, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to paper towel lined plate.
Add garlic to same skillet used to cook the chicken. Cook over medium heat until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add cream, chicken broth, and Parmesan cheese. Stir to combine.
Add Italian seasoning, spinach, and sun dried tomatoes. Cook over medium heat until spinach has wilted and sauce has started to thicken, 2 to 3 minutes.
Return chicken to the sauce. Heat over medium heat as sauce continues to thicken and chicken is heated through, 2 to 3 additional minutes.
Serve over pasta; garnish with additional freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings.
- I prefer to use dry packed sun-dried tomatoes rather than the sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil.
Calories: 369kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 131mg | Sodium: 1024mg | Potassium: 592mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1215IU | Vitamin C: 5.5mg | Calcium: 153mg | Iron: 2.3mg