Toasted Pecan Snowball Cookies
Toasted Pecan Snowball Cookies are likely to quickly become your favorite cookie for any occasion
Servings: 40 servings
- 1 cup (2 sticks, 8 ounces, 227 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup (1.33 ounces, 38 grams) confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 2 cups (10 ounces, 283 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces, 170 grams) chopped pecans toasted (See Tip 1)
- Additional confectioners' sugar for dusting about 2 cups
Preheat oven to 350° F.
In a large bowl, beat butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla extract and water until fluffy, about a minute. Add flour and stir until well blended. Stir in pecans.
Form into small balls (no larger than the diameter of a penny - the smaller the balls, the better the cookies). Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Remove from the oven and immediately roll in confectioners' sugar. When all cookies have been rolled in confectioners' sugar, roll the cookies again in confectioners 'sugar. (See Tip 2)
Store in an airtight container. (See Tip 3)
Yield: 13 to 14 dozen.
- To toast pecans, spread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 350°F (180°C) oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant. Watch carefully to ensure that the pecans don't over-toast or burn.
- I always double roll these amazing cookies in confectioners' sugar. When I add the hot cookies to the confectioners' sugar and roll them the first time, the heat of the cookies somewhat melts the confectioners' sugar. That way, on the second roll, the confectioners' sugar adheres nicely to the cookie!
- If I'm making the cookies for us, I store them in a Ziploc bag. However, if they're going to be a Christmas gift, I place them in a decorative jar with a top, and then "wrap" the jar in nylon mesh tied with curly ribbon and tiny Christmas balls. I usually purchase the jars from a dollar-type store.
Calories: 77kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Potassium: 13mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 140IU | Calcium: 3mg | Iron: 0.3mg