Teriyaki Chicken Chow Mein
Teriyaki Chicken Chow Mein is a delicious and easy dish to prepare.
Servings: 4 servings
- 8 ounces chicken breast, skinless, boneless and trimmed of fat
- 1 Tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup Teriyaki sauce, divided
- 2 teaspoons corn starch, divided
- 4 ounces Chinese Chow Mein Noodles, cooked according to package directions
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced (about 1 ½ cups)
- ¾ cup celery, julienned (2 stalks)
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and julienned (2 large)
- 2 cups broccoli florets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
Cut chicken breast crosswise into ¼-inch slices and then cut each slice into ½-inch pieces. Add 2 Tablespoons Teriyaki sauce, ginger, garlic and ½ teaspoon corn starch. Stir to combine. Cover and place in refrigerator for 1 hour.
Combine remaining Teriyaki sauce (¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons) and remaining corn starch (1 ½ teaspoons). Set aside.
Cook chow mein noodles in boiling water according to package directions (about 3 minutes). Drain well; set aside.
Heat 1 ½ tablespoons of oil in Wok or 12-inch skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken. Cook, stirring often until chicken is done, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from pan.
Heat remaining 1 ½ tablespoons of oil in Wok or 12-inch skillet over medium high heat. Add onions, celery and carrots. Cook, stirring often for 2 to 3 minutes or until onions are translucent. Add broccoli and carrots. Cook and stir 4 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
Add cooked chicken; stir to combine. Add cooked noodles and Teriyaki/cornstarch mixture. Toss well and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until everything is well combined and thoroughly heated.
Yield: 4 servings.
Calories: 394kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 2052mg | Potassium: 620mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 5796IU | Vitamin C: 57mg | Calcium: 81mg | Iron: 3mg