Honey Cornbread Muffins
Honey Cornbread Muffins are slightly sweet, and over-the-top delicious. They're neither the traditional southern cornbread nor the traditional northern cornbread. Rather, they borrow from both venues where the honey provides the perfect sweet flavoring to these moist cornbread muffins.
Servings: 12 Honey Cornbread Muffins
- 1 cup (5.5 ounces) yellow cornmeal (See Note 1)
- 1 cup (5 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (1.75 ounces) granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick, 4 ounces) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup (3 ounces) honey
Preheat oven to 400° F. Spray wells of muffin pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
Whisk together cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
Whisk together melted butter, milk, eggs, and honey.
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients; stir just until incorporated.
Evenly divide cornbread muffin batter among wells of muffin pan. (See Note 2)
Bake in preheated 400° F oven for 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from muffin pan and cool on wire rack.
Yield: 12 Honey Cornbread Muffins.
- I used Quaker yellow cornmeal.
- I used a large ice cream scoop to divide the batter among the wells of the muffin pan.
Calories: 151kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 216mg | Potassium: 196mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 80IU | Calcium: 73mg | Iron: 1.1mg