Chocolate Christmas Mice
Chocolate Christmas Mice are just in time for the holidays. They're sure to bring a twinkle to the eyes of the grown-ups and a smile to the faces of your little ones. They are easy to make, albeit a bit finicky.
Servings: 12 Christmas Mice
- 12 Maraschino Cherries with stems
- 1 cup Chocolate Melting Wafers (See Note 1)
- 1 teaspoon Vegetable oil
- 12 White Fudge Oreos
- 12 Hershey's Kisses, unwrapped
- 24 Sliced almonds
- 24 Candy eyes
- 12 Red jumbo nonpareils
- Green sparkle gel
- Red sparkle gel
Rinse cherries in cold water; pat dry with paper towels.
Melt chocolate wafers in microwave according to package directions. Stir in vegetable oil to thin chocolate.
Holding cherries by the stem, dip into melted chocolate; allow excess to drip. Place on one side of Oreo. Place Hershey's kiss on side of chocolate covered cherry opposite the stem. Hold for 10 seconds to allow to set.
Drizzle a small amount of melted chocolate between Hershey's kiss and cherry. Place two sliced almonds between Hershey's kiss and cherry for the ears; hold for 10 seconds to allow to set.
Using a toothpick, dab a small amount of melted chocolate on Hershey's kiss to place eyes and nose.
Draw holly leaves with red berries in center on the other side of the Oreo with the red and green gel. (See Note 2)
Store in airtight container. Yield 12 Chocolate Christmas Mice.
- If you have leftover melted chocolate, mix it with peanuts and drop by teaspoons onto wax or parchment paper. It makes delicious candy.
- The sparkle gel does not get hard. Therefore, if you want to transport the Christmas Mice, use some sort of frosting that will harden.
Calories: 142kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 67mg | Potassium: 39mg | Sugar: 14g | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 1.2mg