Easy 3-Ingredient Turtles Candy
Easy 3-Ingredient Turtles Candy - the name says it all! With only 3 ingredients, this Turtle Candy is super easy to make and makes perfect gifts for the upcoming holidays. Don't however be fooled by their simplicity. They taste as good as Turtle Candy that took hours to make!
Servings: 12 Turtles
- 60 pecan halves, lightly roasted (See Note 1)
- 12 caramels (See Note 2)
- 24 dark chocolate melting wafers
Preheat oven to 350° F.
For the turtle legs, cut about 1/4 to 1/2 inch diagonal on opposite sides of 24 pecan halves. Place the legs together on parchment or silicon lined baking sheet. Assemble two pecan halves above the legs with the ends touching and add the remaining pecan half for the head.
Unwrap the caramels. Flatten each to a 1 1/4 inch square with the heel of your hand. Place flattened caramels in center of pecan clusters.
Place baking sheet in preheated oven for 4 to 5 minutes, or until caramel starts to melt. Watch carefully to ensure that caramel doesn't melt completely. (See Notes 3 and 4)
Remove from oven and place 2 melting wafers in center of each caramel. Return to oven for 1 to 2 minutes, or until melting wafers begin to melt. (See Note 5)
Remove from oven and spread melted chocolate over the caramel with the back of a small spoon.
Allow to cool completely on baking sheet. Store in airtight container for up to 1 week.
Yield: 12 Turtle Candies. (See Note 6)
- To lightly roast the pecan halves spread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Place in a preheated 350° F oven for 8 minutes. Cool completely.
- I used Kraft caramels.
- The caramels should be slightly shiny around the edges and just starting to drip in the spaces between the pecans. Watch carefully however, because the caramels can quickly melt too much.
- I've tried this in the microwave and found that using the oven for melting the caramels (and the melting wafers for that matter) worked better, at least for me.
- The melting wafers are ready when their surface changes from a matte finish to shiny finish.
- For an even more festive look, drizzle white chocolate over the cooled Turtles.
Calories: 90kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 6g | Sodium: 25mg | Potassium: 50mg | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 5IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 0.2mg