Spinach Artichoke Tartlets
Spinach Artichoke Tartlets are the perfect make ahead appetizer to serve at your next party. The spinach artichoke mixture can be refrigerated ahead of time, and piped into crispy Phyllo shells and heated in the oven right before your guests arrive!
Servings: 30 Spinach Artichoke Tartlets
- 10 ounce package of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed to remove liquid
- 12 ounce jar of marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped (See Note 1)
- 8 ounce package of cream cheese, room temperature (See Note 2)
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) sour cream (See Note 3)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 30 Phyllo shells (2 packages)
Preheat oven to 350° F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Set aside. (See Note 4)
Add all ingredients except for Phyllo shells to bowl of food processor fitted with steel blade. Pulse process 7 or 8 times, or until mixture is well combined and artichoke hearts are finely chopped.
Transfer mixture to piping bag fitted with large star tip. (See Note 5)
Pipe mixture into Phyllo shells and place on prepared baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until mixture is thoroughly heated.
Let cool for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 30 Spinach Artichoke Tartlets.
- Inevitably, the outer leaves of the artichoke hearts are tough and inedible. Therefore, they should be removed. Let your knife be your guide in terms of what needs to be removed and discarded, i.e., if the knife struggles to cut through the leaves, they should be discarded.
- I used light cream cheese, but you could use full-fat cream cheese.
- I used light sour cream, but you could use full-fat sour cream.
- The reason that I line the baking sheet with parchment paper is to minimize the cleanup. It's not necessary in terms of the tartlets sticking.
- I used an Ateco 825 star tip for the piping. If you don't have piping gear, you could also spoon the filling into the Phyllo cups.
Calories: 77kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 144mg | Potassium: 56mg | Vitamin A: 1285IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 0.3mg