Mardi Gras Snack Mix
Mardi Gras Snack Mix is sweet and salty, and coated in white chocolate. It takes minutes to put together and is the perfect munchie for morning, noon and night.
Servings: 20 servings
- 3 cups (16 ounces) white chocolate chips (See Notes 1 and 2)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil (optional)
- 3 cups Rice Chex
- 1 ½ cups Cheerios
- 1 cup Pretzels (See Note 3)
- 1 cup Bugles
- 1 ¼ cup Deluxe salted nuts (See Note 4)
- ⅓ cup Green M&Ms
- ⅓ cup Gold or Yellow M&M's
- ⅓ cup Purple M&M's
Melt white chocolate chips in 30 second increments in microwave on 50% power, stirring after each 30 second increment. If melted chocolate seems too thick, stir in several teaspoons of vegetable oil. (See Note 5)
Combine Rice Chex, Cheerios, Pretzels, Bugles, and nuts in a large bowl. Add melted chocolate; stir to combine.
Add M&M's and continue stirring until all ingredients are nicely coated in melted white chocolate.
Pour mixture onto parchment paper; spread out and allow to harden. Break into bite-sized pieces.
Yield: About 13 cups.
- I used Ghirardelli white chocolate chips.
- My microwave is 1200 watts.
- I used Snyder's Butter Snaps. You could also use pretzel sticks, mini pretzels, etc.
- Rather than using the Deluxe nuts, you could always use peanuts. I think, however, that the Deluxe nuts give the Mardi Gras Snack Mix a little something extra!
- Be sure that you don't overheat the chocolate chips. You could always melt them over simmering water instead of using the microwave.
Calories: 310kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 152mg | Potassium: 159mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 160IU | Vitamin C: 1.4mg | Calcium: 101mg | Iron: 2.7mg