Creamy Chicken and Mushrooms
Creamy chicken and mushrooms is an easy and delicious dish to prepare. Leftovers, if any are just as yummy the next day.
Servings: 6 servings
- 10.5 ounce can condensed golden mushroom soup
- 0.7 ounce package dry Zesty Italian salad dressing mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream (See Tip 1)
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 Tablespoons butter, divided
- 16 ounces fresh Cremini mushrooms, sliced (See Tip 2)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh minced chives for garnish (Optional)
- Cooked spaghetti (See Tip 3)
Whisk together condensed golden mushroom soup, Italian-style dressing mix, sour cream, white wine and chicken broth in a large bowl until thoroughly blended. Set aside.
Mix flour, salt and pepper in a gallon ziploc bag. Add chicken and shake to coat evenly.
In a large skillet, heat 2 Tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add chicken, shaking to remove excess flour; cook stirring often until no longer pink, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove cooked chicken from skillet.
Add remaining tablespoon of butter to same skillet. When butter is melted, add sliced mushrooms. Increase heat to medium high and sauté several minutes or until liquid has evaporated. Add cooked chicken, and bring mixture to a slow boil. Reduce the heat and add fresh chives if desired for garnish. Serve over cooked angel hair pasta or rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Reduce heat to medium. Add golden mushroom mixture; stir to incorporate. Add cooked chicken. Heat until bubbly; cook for several minutes to ensure that chicken is throughly heated.
If desired, garhish with minced chives. Serve over pasta or rice. Yield: 6 servings.
- I used light sour cream.
- You can also use regular white mushrooms in place of the cremini mushrooms.
- I've also served this dish over rotini, angel hair pasta and rice.
Calories: 252kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 1251mg | Potassium: 756mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 260IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 1mg