Susan's Easy Stovetop Mac & Cheese
Delicious and easy to make macaroni and cheese on your stovetop.
Servings: 6 servings
- 16 ounces (4 cups) uncooked medium elbow macaroni (See Note 1)
- 2 ¼ cups (18 ounces) whole milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup (2 ounces) cream cheese, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 ¼ cups (5 ounces) shredded extra sharp Cheddar cheese
Cook pasta to al dente stage according to package directions. Drain; set aside.
After pasta is cooked, add milk to a large saucepan. Add salt, pepper, and flour. Whisk over medium heat until bubbly and thickened. Add cream cheese; whisk until melted.
Remove pan from heat. Add Cheddar cheese; whisk until melted. Add ¾ of the cooked pasta; stir to combine. Add remaining pasta; stir to combine.
Yield: 6 servings.
- Susan used Cavatappi pasta.
Calories: 543kcal | Carbohydrates: 77g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 44mg | Sodium: 609mg | Potassium: 365mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 510IU | Calcium: 302mg | Iron: 1.6mg