Restaurant Style Salsa
There are not too many things that are as easy to make and as delicious to serve as Restaurant Style Salsa. It takes minutes to make and can be as mild or as hot as you choose. Once you've tasted this homemade salsa, you'll never reach for the store bought kind again!
Servings: 8 servings
- 28 ounce can whole tomatoes, drained
- 10 ounce can Rotel Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeds and membrane removed and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, minced (See Note 1)
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Juice of 1/2 lime
Place all ingredients in bowl of food processor fitted with steel blade. Pulse process 5 times, or until desired consistency is reached.
Transfer to covered container. Refrigerate at least one hour to allow the flavors to blend.
Serve with tortilla chips.
Yield: 2 1/2 cups.
- May use cilantro in place of the parsley.
Calories: 29kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 1g | Sodium: 219mg | Potassium: 273mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 260IU | Vitamin C: 16.7mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 1.4mg