Mushroom Risotto(Adapted from Emeril's recipe on Food Network)
Mushroom Risotto is a perfect accompaniment to a number of dishes, This includes chicken schnitzel with mustard cream sauce.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- ¼ cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 6 ounces mushrooms chopped and squeezed
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ cup white wine or Vermouth
- 2 ¾ cups chicken stock (See Tip 1)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
In a heavy saucepan, heat butter over medium heat. Add the shallots and garlic; cook, stirring until fragrant and soft, about 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring, until wilted and their liquid is evaporated, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the rice, and cook, stirring constantly, until the grains are opaque, about 1 minutes. Stir in the thyme, salt and pepper.
Add the wine and cook, stirring, until nearly all evaporated. Add ¾ cup of the chicken stock; cook, stirring constantly, until the stock is nearly all evaporated. Continue adding the stock ½ cup at a time as the previous addition is nearly absorbed, until the rice is tender and the risotto is creamy, 18 to 20 minutes. Stir in the cream, the Parmesan cheese and the parsley. Mix well.
Yield: 4 servings.
- To make this vegetarian, substitute vegetable broth for the chicken broth.
Calories: 399kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 591mg | Potassium: 390mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 405IU | Vitamin C: 1.5mg | Calcium: 165mg | Iron: 2.9mg