Neiman Marcus Cookies
These are the legendary $250 Neiman Marcus Cookies. Legend has it that Neiman Marcus charged a customer $250 for the recipe for these amazing cookies.
Servings: 48 cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks, 8 ounces) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup (7 ounces) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (7 1/2 ounces) light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups (8 3/4 ounces) finely ground old-fashioned oats, measured before grinding (See Tip 1)
- 2 cups (10 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semi-sweet or bitter-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 ounces milk chocolate grated (See Tip 2)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans, toasted (See Tip 3)
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Cream butter and sugars with electric mixer on high for about 3 minutes. Add eggs, and vanilla; beat until smooth, about 1 minute. Add ground oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; beat until well combined, about 1 minute. Add chocolate chips, grated milk chocolate and pecans. Stir until all ingredients are mixed.
Roll into balls the size of a golf ball. Place 2 inches apart on parchment lined cookie sheet; flatten with palm of hand. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet and cool on a wire rack. Yield: 48 cookies. (See Tip 4)
- If desired, spread the oats on a baking sheet, and toast at 350°F for 15 minutes. Process the oats in a food processor or blender until finely ground.
- Rather than grating the milk chocolate, place milk chocolate chips in food processor with oats
- To toast pecans, place in preheated 350° F oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Watch carefully to ensure that the pecans do not over-toast.
- If you don't want to bake all of the cookies at one time, roll into balls and freeze. Remove from freezer 10 minutes before baking; bake as directed.
Calories: 184kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 53mg | Potassium: 102mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 135IU | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 1.1mg