No-Churn Chocolate Butter Pecan Ice Cream
No-Churn Chocolate Butter Pecan Ice Cream is velvety smooth, amazingly delicious & easy to make. The ice cream base uses only 3 ingredients - heavy cream, sweetened condensed milk & unsweetened cocoa.
Servings: 10 servings
- ½ cup (2 ounces) chopped pecans
- 1 Tablespoon salted butter (See Tip 1)
- ½ cup (1 ½ ounces) unsweetened cocoa powder (See Tip 2)
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk (See Tip 3)
- 2 cups (16 ounces) heavy cream
Place 9 x 5 x 3-inch metal loaf pan in freezer to chill.
Heat butter in a small skillet over medium-low heat. Add chopped pecans. Toast for 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Watch carefully. Cool.
Combine cocoa powder and sweetened condensed milk in a medium bowl. Set aside.
Whip cream in a large bowl until stiff peaks form, abut 2 minutes. Fold in about a cup of whipped cream to sweetened condensed mixture with a rubber spatula until well combined. Then fold the lightened mixture into the whipped cream until well blended. Pour into a chilled 9 x 5 x 3-inch metal loaf pan. Cover pan; freeze until thick and creamy about 2 hours. (See Tip 4)
Fold in toasted pecans. Continue to freeze, covered, until solid and scoopable, about 4 hours more.
Yield: 10 servings. (See Tip 5)
- You could also use unsalted butter with a pinch of salt.
- I used Hershey's unsweetened cocoa. You could also use Dutch processed cocoa.
- I used regular sweetened condensed milk. I've not tried this ice cream with low-fat or no-fat sweetened condensed milk, so don't know whether that would work or not.
- After about 2 hours in the freezer, the ice cream will be the consistency of soft-serve ice cream making it a perfect consistency to add the pecans.
- Because of the taste and consistency of this ice cream, you could do all sorts of variations with it. For example, you could add marshmallows for rocky road ice cream, leave out the chocolate and add crushed Oreos for cookies and cream ice cream, leave out the chocolate and add strawberries or peaches, dress it up by adding Grand Marnier, Godiva Chocolate liqueur, bourbon, etc.!
Calories: 349kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 79mg | Potassium: 271mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 840IU | Vitamin C: 1.3mg | Calcium: 153mg | Iron: 0.8mg