Bacon Jalapeño Popper Dip
Bacon Jalapeño Popper Dip is the perfect appetizer for the busy holiday season and ultimate holiday feast. It's creamy and cheesy and full of bacon and jalapeño peppers. Bacon Jalapeno Popper Dip is easy to put together, can be made ahead of time and will likely be the first appetizer to disappear.
Servings: 8 servings
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature (See Tip 1)
- ¼ cup sour cream (See Tip 2)
- ¾ cup diced, jalapeño peppers, seeds and membranes removed (about 6 jalapeño peppers) (See Tips 3 and 4)
- 1 ¼ cups (5 ounces) shredded extra sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- ½ cup sweet corn kernels (See Tip 5)
- 7 slices bacon, fried, drained and crumbled, divided
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Add cream cheese, sour cream, jalapeño peppers, ¾ cup of shredded Cheddar cheese, corn and 5 slices of crumbled bacon to a medium bowl. Beat with electric mixer on low speed until well combined.
Transfer dip mixture to an oven proof dish; smooth out with spatula. Top with remaining ½ cup of cheese and 2 slices of crumbled bacon.
Bake in preheated 400°F oven for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and dip is bubbly.
Remove from oven; let cool for 10 minutes before serving with crackers and/or tortilla chips.
Yield: 8 Servings.
- I used reduced fat cream cheese.
- I used low fat sour cream.
- I don't like a lot of heat in my dip. Therefore, I removed all of the seeds and membranes from the jalapeño peppers. If you like more heat, adjust the amount of seeds and membranes that you remove.
- Rather than using fresh jalapeño peppers, you could use jarred jalapeño peppers. In this case, reduce the amount used to ½ cup.
- I used frozen corn kernels, but you could also use canned corn that is well drained.
Calories: 230kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 49mg | Sodium: 376mg | Potassium: 183mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 480IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 179mg | Iron: 1mg