Irish Pots de Crème
Irish Pots de Crème is the ultimate in simplicity and luxurious chocolate taste, taking less than 5 minutes to put together.
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 cup (6 ounces) bittersweet chocolate chips (See Tip 1)
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 large egg, room temperature (See Tip 2)
- 3 Tablespoons Irish Cream Liqueur (See Tips 3 and 4)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (8 ounces) heavy cream (See Tip 5)
Place chocolate chips, sugar and salt in blender. Process on low for 30 seconds or until chocolate is finely ground. (See Tip 6)
Add egg, Irish Cream and vanilla extract. Process on low for 10 seconds or until well mixed.
Heat cream over medium-high heat until just before it reaches a full rolling boil; it should be bubbling vigorously around the edges, with larger bubbles rippling across the interior. The temperature should be at least 205°F. (See Tip 7)
Remove center of blender top; replace center with a small funnel. (See Tip 8)
Turn on blender to low speed. Allow to run for about 10 seconds. Slowly add the hot cream. Increase the speed to high and process for 30 seconds more or until mixture is creamy smooth.
Pour mixture into cups. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to allow the mixture to set. (See Tip 9)
Serve with a dollop of whipped cream. Yield 4 to 5 servings. (See Tip 10)
- I used Ghirardelli 60% chocolate chips. However, for a less intense flavor, you could use semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- To quickly bring an egg to room temperature, let it sit in warm water for 5 to 10 minutes.
- For variety, you could use Grand Marnier, Kahlúa, Chambord or Godiva Chocolate Liqueur in place of the Irish Cream Liqueur.
- You can omit the liqueur if you like. Just add an additional 3 tablespoons of heavy cream.
- You can use half and half in place of the heavy cream.
- May use a food processor instead of a blender.
- I've tried heating the cream in the microwave. However, it tends to bubble up too much and make a mess!
- The funnel makes it super easy to add liquid to the blender without making a mess. Also, it minimizes the blender ingredients from spewing everywhere!
- May be made in advance and refrigerated for 3 to 4 days.
- For the most intense flavor, remove from refrigerator 30 to 40 minutes before serving. Garnish just before serving.
Calories: 355kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 86mg | Sodium: 108mg | Potassium: 231mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 628IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 121mg | Iron: 1mg