White Queso Dip
White Queso Dip is like the queso cheese dip served at your favorite Mexican restaurant, only better. This super simple dip takes only minutes to make and and is amazingly versatile. You are going to love this super simple restaurant quality Mexican white sauce.
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 pound (16 ounces) White American Cheese (See Tip 1)
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) Half & Half, divided (See Tip 2)
- 4 ounce can diced green chiles, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
Cut cheese into 1-inch pieces. Place in double boiler over simmering water. Add 1/4 cup of Half & Half. Stir to combine. Cover double boiler with lid. Let heat for 5 to 7 minutes or until cheese is almost melted.
Remove the lid. Add remaining 1/2 cup of Half & Half, stir until cheese is fully melted and mixture is well combined. Add green chiles, cumin and chili powder; stir to combine.
Serve warm with tortilla chips.
Yield: 8 servings. (See Tips 3 and 4)
- You can purchase White American cheese in the deli section of your grocery store.
- Add more or less Half & Half to reach desired dipping consistency.
- Leftovers can be stored, covered in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days. Warm in microwave on 50% power for several minutes, stirring after one minute, until desired consistency is achieved.
- One thing that I like to do with leftovers is to add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of chunky salsa. This makes amazing leftover Queso dip.
Calories: 243kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 65mg | Sodium: 1014mg | Potassium: 120mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 643IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 621mg | Iron: 1mg