Chicken Milano is a restaurant quality dish that is simple to make and sure to impress.
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (See Tip 1)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) chicken broth (See Tip 2)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 8 ounces dry pasta, cooked al dente according to package directions
- minced fresh basil or parsley for garnish (optional)
Cut chicken breasts horizontally in half. Place between pieces of plastic wrap and pound to about 1/4-inch thickness.
Combine flour, salt and pepper in gallon Ziploc bag. Add chicken and shake to coat.
Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken, a few pieces at a time. Cook several minutes on each side until golden brown Remove and drain on paper towels. Cook remaining chicken; drain on paper towels.
Add minced garlic to same skillet used to cook chicken; cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add sun-dried tomatoes; stir to combine. Add chicken broth and cream; stir to combine. Add dried basil; cook mixture over medium heat for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, if sauce needs additional thickening, add a small amount of a slurry made with corn starch and chicken broth to achieve desired thickening. Correct seasonings.
Return chicken to sauce; heat for several minutes to ensure that chicken is hot. Garnish with minced basil or parsley. Serve over pasta..
Yield: 4 servings. (See Tip 3)
- Use dry-packed sun-dried tomatoes rather than sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil.
- I used low sodium chicken broth.
- This makes excellent leftovers. Generally, I heat the chicken for several minutes in the microwave before serving.
Calories: 645kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Cholesterol: 118mg | Sodium: 1016mg | Potassium: 919mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1012IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 74mg | Iron: 3mg